Set up Pure Sensia

Discussion of all Pure radios with Flow Internet Radio

Set up Pure Sensia

Postby Mor_vey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:43 pm

Having probs setting up my new Pure Sensia Radio. when I switch on I get clock alarm option then screen freezes at download new software 2.4 option. Nothing append & the only other option isI to set up alarm. What am I doing wrong?
Mor_vey

Re: Set up Pure Sensia

Postby Jason Voice » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Is the radio unrecoverable?

If you remove all power sources – including any installed ChargePAK batteries – and reapply mains power only, does this recover the radio?

If the radio seems unrecoverable you can force it to the USB upgrade screen manually and re-install the product operating system if necessary. This may resolve the issue.

To do this, remove all power sources, including any installed ChargePAK batteries.
    Apply mains power only to the radio and watch the power button light carefully. After 4 or 5 seconds you will see the power light flash, and at this point hold the power button down. Continue to hold the power button down (do not let go) and after roughly 20 seconds you will see the radio revert to the USB Loader screen with the message USB upgrade – REV waiting for upgrade.

The radio is now ready for the installation of it’s firmware via USB. :ugeek:

Follow the instructions found here: http://support.pure.com/kb_article.php?ref=5285-WVEM-0367 to install the latest firmware. You will need a 32 bit Windows system to perform this operation.

Does this help?
Regards

Jason Voice

---------------------------------------------------------
Jason Voice, Technical Support Manager
Jason Voice

Postby AndyCalling » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 pm

The only annoying problem, as you mention Jason, is that the USB flashing software only works on a 32bit version of windows. With the growing number of 64bit installations this is getting to be a real problem. Luckily I have a netbook with Win7 Starter 32bit now, with my old Siesta I had to borrow a friend's old XP laptop to flash it as my desktop is fully 64bit.

Jason, it may be time to address this matter in your next firmware releases for all Pure products. I'm hoping a 64bit flash utility is in the final stages of development.
AndyCalling

Postby Jason Voice » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:35 am

AndyCalling wrote:The only annoying problem, as you mention Jason, is that the USB flashing software only works on a 32bit version of windows. With the growing number of 64bit installations this is getting to be a real problem. Luckily I have a netbook with Win7 Starter 32bit now, with my old Siesta I had to borrow a friend's old XP laptop to flash it as my desktop is fully 64bit.

Jason, it may be time to address this matter in your next firmware releases for all Pure products. I'm hoping a 64bit flash utility is in the final stages of development.

Agreed Andy and it is something we are aware of and are addressing.

Mac support is also vital moving forward too and we hope to have a solution to both platforms very soon.
Regards

Jason Voice

Jason Voice, Technical Support Manager
Jason Voice

Return to Pure Flow Radios